Friday, November 7, 2014

Who are you and what do you do?

Hi,

I am Sharon Geisinger. I teach Special Education and Credit Recovery at the High School level. I have been alive for 57+ years, married for 36 years, have 2 children who went through the Eagle Grove school system, and a 18 month old grandson who will be entering the Eagle Grove school system in the coming years. My husband drives truck for Decker Truckline. My son is a 2000 graduate of EGHS, a veteran, and also drives truck for Decker truckline. My daughter is a 2004 graduate of EGHS, is a mommy, and is a nurse at the hospital in Clarion. In our free time my entire family likes to camp and go to Wabasha, Minnesota to fish and relax.  My husband and I like to go on cruises and camping with our friends when we are able to.

I have been working in the school district since 1994. I was initially a substitute teacher, then I moved up to being a full time associate for Special Education at EGHS. After a few years I became a Special Education teacher at the high school and in recent years have added the credit recovery program to my list of duties.  So far this year I have had students earn 19 credits in the Credit Recovery program.  I have some very motivated students working toward getting caught up on their credits so that they will be able to graduate with their class.

Every day is a new day, don't bring your problems from yesterday.

Sharon L. Geisinger

No comments:

Post a Comment