Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015 EGHS Conferences

Last night we had our first of two days of high school conferences. We always look forward to talking with parents, but it seems like we get very few. Of course we would always like more, especially for me, not being a native of Eagle Grove I don't know a lot of my students parents unless we meet face to face at conferences or ball games. The weather did not help matters much and as they say in like a lamb out like a lion :)

But I would say for me this was one of the best conference nights we have had in awhile, meet 3 of our freshman boys (there were a few more but these guys stuck out the entire night!)

Garett, Chase, Colton 

Most teenagers can find something better to do on Tuesday night for 4 hours than hang out with a bunch of teachers in a gym but I am glad these three didn't, on a night that can be a little bland they brought some laughs to EGHS conferences!

Often times as teachers I think we forget the impact we can make every day, but these 3 prove the impact we often make is not on their knowledge of Earth history but that we care about them, that we are here to support them and they in return will make us laugh and make us proud :)


Lindsay Haugland
Twitter @LindsayHaugland
Email lhaugland@eagle-grove.k12.ia.us


No comments:

Post a Comment